1. Get a square piece of paper
2. Fold the paper in half 4 ways along the lines
3. Pinch two of the sides together making a triangle.
4. Now for a hard part. Push the top crease to the middle to form a diamond type shape.
5. Do the same with the bottom crease. You should end up with a diamond shape, kind of like the diamond when folding an origami boat.
6. Fold the left and right corners to the middle crease.
7. Turn it over and do the same on the other side.
8. Fold the top flap down.
9. Unfold everything to get to the diamond shape again. There should be creases where it’s marked.
10. From there, take the bottom flap, where the three creases meet and prop it up. It should stay on its own.
11. Fold from where the creases are to the middle.
12. Turn it over and do the same to the other side to get elongated diamond shape.
13. Fold the diamond in half vertically on both sides, but in different directions.
14. Fold the bottom corners up on both side. How high or low depends on how big or small you want the wings to be.
15. Pat down one of the things sticking up and refine the wings.
You have now completed your swan. Good luck taking care of it!
5 thoughts on “How to make a paper swan”
This looks really fun. I’m going to try it with my little cousin, she will love this!
This is so cute! I want to try (and ultimately fail lol) this at home some time!
That is really cool.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! I’ve been obsessed with origami swans lately. I think I’ve made about 40 in the last couple of days.
LikeLiked by 2 people