Spinette and I both adore music. We talk mostly about music when we text. But we listen to vastly different genres of music. Spinette adores K-pop while I prefer alternative rock. I usually listen to pessimistic songs. (Hey, I’m a pessimistic person *shrugs*.) In fact, a common complaint of Spinette’s is that I listen to too many songs about death. However, I’ll try to stick to the more upbeat ones for this tag.
I’m so excited to share my music with you guys!
I was tagged by the ever wonderful Sophia Ismaa. Go check out her blog, peeps, you won’t be disappointed.
- Link back to ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ creator – Laura Spoonie
- Tag the blogger who nominated you
- Mention how music helps your Mental Health
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be a part of your ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list)
Tag 10 other bloggers to join in with the ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ Challenge
Music helps me relax while I do my homework. I am up to my eyeballs in homework. My eyeballs are sad.
1. Unstoppable by The Score
The Score is one of my favorite bands and this is my favorite song by them. Listen to the lyrics. Very Pick Me Up. (I’m succeeding at following the rules of this tag!)
2. Better by OneRepublic
A very terrific song. It makes me happy.
I think I’ve lost my mind. Don’t worry about it. Happens all the time. In the morning I’ll be better.
3. Happier by Bastille and Marshmello
This one’s a new song by the amazing Bastille (and Marshmello) that I love. It makes me happier. The video, ironically, is quite sad.
4. Blood by My Chemical Romance
The tune is very peppy.
5. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
It just takes some time
Little girl, you’re in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be all right
6. I’m Yours by Jason Miraz
And it’s our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved
7. Pocket Full of Gold by American Authors
8. Connection by OneRepublic
9. Desolation Row by My Chemical Romance
I just like it.
10. Sinners by Barns Courtney
I couldn’t help but pick some negative songs. They pick me up.
Out of curiosity, what’s your favorite song?