Hey, nonexistent peeps! We were nominated for The Awesome Blogger Award by the amazing Jina S. Bazzar. Seriously, go check her out. Her posts are awesome.
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog, https://unicornia2016.wordpress.com/, because I was told to. It’s a guide to traveling to and living in Unicornia, but it’s dormant now.
Spinette started her first blog, https://unicornsightingsblog.wordpress.com/, for the same reason. (She’s the scribe for Ned the Narwhal, though, who doesn’t have fingers.)
My second blog was a book blog which has thankfully been removed from the internet. I started that one because I hated this one book so much and I just had to scream about it somewhere.
Both of these blogs only lasted a few weeks.
I have no idea why we started TheWebWeavers. It kind of just happened.
2) Do you choose the contents of your blog by random or do you have a system?
Obviously randomly. It’s kind of just whatever we want to talk about. (With the exception of Mellow Yellow every Sunday.)
3) Do you rather type the contents of your post on a keyboard – all ten fingers – or on a screen with thumbs?
I like my keyboard a lot. I can’t type as quickly on a tablet or phone and if I type slowly, I usually lose my train of thought, which would result in either a boring or choppy post that skips around. Imagine jokes where I’ve forgotten to add the punchline.
4) If technology was to become extinct but there was one thing that you could keep, what would it be?
I know I just said that I love my keyboard, but I’d probably keep my tablet because my laptop is pretty old and I can feel the last dregs of its life disappearing so I wouldn’t want to save its life from the doom that is the inevitable apocalypse for it to only break the next day.
5) Is there a type of blog that you seek to follow, or do you only follow those who follow you – or do you only follow the blogs that you really enjoy?
I only follow the blogs that I really enjoy because I try to read every post from the blogs that I do follow, and so I don’t follow all that many since the day only has a finite amount of time. I do try my best to read a couple posts from everyone that follows or likes on TheWebWeavers, though.
6) During a cold storm, would you rather spend your time reading, watching a movie or talking on the phone?
Reading, obviously. I spend all my free time reading anyway.
7) When you hear the word fantasy, what comes first to your mind?
Snowflakes and ash. Purple snowflakes and blue ash, to be more precise. No idea why. My minds a weird place.
8) Have you ever lied about having a commitment so you could stay at home lazing around or blogging, or just to finish reading a book you particularly enjoyed?
I will confess, I have claimed to have more homework than I actually do to get out of things. Not often.
I’m a rebel.
9) What’s a word you can’t stop using on your posts but think you should?
Lovely. I use it too much, not just on my posts, but everywhere. It’s my go-to adjective, but it makes me sound like an old-fashioned, stereotypical British dude.
10) If you were asked to rename your blog, what would you name it?
The Arachnid&Spinette Show
The Art of Web Weaving
Unitato (Unicorn + Potato = Unitato)
- What’s your favorite book?
- Would you rather only wear fashion from the ’80s or medieval times?
- What’s your favorite flavor?
- Do you think that the plural of moose should be meese? (Goose -> Geese|Moose -> Meese)
- Watching grass grow or watching paint dry?
- Do you like kaleidoscopes?
- How many constellations can you identify?
- Is there light pollution where you live?
- What kind of bird do you really want to see?
- This question’s a freebie. Do whatever you want. Go crazy.